I was sitting in a cute café with my mam and sister during the week and my sister ordered one of these slices. It looked and tasted great so I decided I wanted to make them. I went to the shop on my way home and bought the ingredients that I imagined would be in malteser slices. They were so simple to make and tasted yum!
3 teasers bars (100g each)
3 tablespoons of golden syrup
100g digestive biscuits
300g white chocolate
1. Melt the margarine and golden syrup together in a bowl over a pot of simmering water.
2. Break the teasers bars into smaller pieces and add them to the margarine and golden syrup mix, stirring until the chocolate has melted.
3. Place 300g of the maltesers into a bag (or leave them in their original packets) and use a rolling pin to crush the maltesers and stir them into the mix. Crush the biscuits in the same way and add to the mix.
4. Line a baking tin and place the mixture into the tin. Leave it in the fridge for one to two hours to set.
5. Melt the white chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water and pour it generously over the malteser slices.
6. When the white chocolate has cooled, crush the remaining 100g of maltesers and sprinkle them on top of the white chocolate to decorate. Put the tray back into the fridge until it has fully set.